I need to replace the engine control for 1982 280 zx turbo coupe auto transmission and I cannot find a match. Are there options? Any suggestions? thanks

Asked by Sep 24, 2016 at 02:08 PM about the 1982 Nissan 280ZX

17,075

Here is a post I found on: http://www.zcar.com/forum/10-70-83-tech-discussion-forum/308507-ecu-exact-replacement-2.html

17,075

I am going to say this querrey is resolved due to the direct experience of members swapping 82 and 83 ECUs with no problem. Out of curiosity I called z man of Washington to consider buying replacements. During the conversation he assured me that the turbo ECU, auto or manual will work. He also mentioned the AFM for 81-83 turbo is the same. He added that he saw AFMs and ECUs bench test ok and still be bad because they arent load tested. How is that for a wrench throwing? So what we have is a lot of info saying they do in fact interchange. Like Russ and Freddy say, A number matching replacement is ideal. Unfortunately I cant readily find a replacement with my number. So I am giving up on that and going for what is available. Thanks for everyone that shared their thoughts and experiences in this post. Now I can pull the trigger on buying some parts with a sense of confidence. Thanks again.

17,075

That above a quote from the page on the site at top URL, copy & paste.

17,075

Also this company say they can fix all Nissan ecm's. I post it below just copy & paste it to new browser window.

17,075

https://www.elseea.com/