Mazda 929 1981 Sedan.....Brake problem..

35

Asked by Mar 11, 2011 at 11:12 AM about the 1981 Mazda 929

i left this car for 4 years and when i started it the brakes were not working i changed the master cylinder and the rear brake pistons and still the barkes dont work? when ever i press the brake padel it goes inside suddenly....can anyone plzz tell wht the problem is......is there any leakage or something else....?

2,775

There is usually a check valve between the front and rear brakes. It is common that they get air-bound. You should try to bleed them a lot with a vacuum bleeder if you can get one. Or just pump and pump, and bleed the old fashion way. Please award points if this helps

35

there is no check valve in the car.......barkes are directly attached to master cylinder......

did you blead theair out of the system,did you beanch blead the new master cylinder befor installing,if not get a bottle of dot 3 break fluid get a friend to help,one pump up break peddlethe other do the bleading,keep doing this to all 4 wheels until all the air is out.

35

Yes i did blead the new master cylinder......but still