69 Ford Galaxie Conv.: is there a emergency roof operation?

Asked by Nov 05, 2014 at 03:26 PM about the 1969 Ford Galaxie

Hi, I got a 69 Ford Galaxie LTD Convertible. The roof does not work anymore. And it is
open. Is there a possibility to close it without the electric working? Like an emergency
operation... (Please excuse mistakes in my english, I am German)

10

i think if you take the back seat out and disconnect (unbolt) the hydraulic cylinders from the top mechanism you should be able to manually operate it. I think i did that many years ago with a convertible top. -- hope this helps