how do i remove the front bench seat in my 1967 galaxie

20

Asked by Nov 09, 2013 at 07:31 PM about the 1967 Ford Galaxie

I own a 1967 ford galaxy ltd I'm very mechanically inclined I've done all the repairs on this car myself but I cannot figure out how to remove the front bench seat the nuts on the tracks of the seat seem to be made to the tracks I've looked underneath the car and I don't see any screw heads to be removed can anyone help me

105,355

There should be little metal plugs that cover the holes underneath the car, they could be covered up with crud after the years or even undercoat, once you find them they just pry out with a small screwdriver unless they are rusted solid then that can be a bit of a bear to get them out.

7,105

The full size Ford galaxies actually had two floors. There will be rubber oblong plugs directly under the area where your seat track studs are located. Pop those plugs out with a flat tip screwdriver. Once the plugs are gone you'll need a 1/2" deepwell socket and a 3/8" rachet to get the nuts off from the studs through those holes. They should come off fairly easy as they should have been kept dry inside that first floorboard. Good luck, Kenny/MrblueOval

Best Answer Mark helpful
20

Thanks; that wasn't my Galaxie - I have a '69 but it worked exactly the same. Got the seat out in less than an hour and I had been expecting DAYS of work. Many thanks!

7,105

Great, glad to help. Anyone with a 69 Galaxie is good in my book. I have 2 of them. Kenny/ MrBlueOval