will a sway bar off a 66 LTD fit on my 66 Galaxie?

115

Asked by May 19, 2012 at 02:11 PM about the 1966 Ford Galaxie

the wimpy little 5/8" sway bar on my Galaxie needs to be replaced. and i dont really feel like spending the $240 For a dearborn
classics one. eBay has one listed for an LTD 1" sway bar buttt im not sure if theyre completely interchangeable. they seem like
the same car but i have never had the chance to look closly at the two's suspension to make an educated guess.

6,215

A 1966 Galaxie is the same car as a 1966 Ford LTD. In 1965 Ford introduced the LTD as a top of the line edition of the Ford Galaxie. It went over so well that Ford made the LTD a separate line but it's basically the same car just different side trim and a more fancier interior but engine, frame, suspension, etc. is exactly the same. . A swaybar for a Galaxie will bolt right on an LTD and would be the same Ford part number too. Kenny.

115

so i ordered the one for the 66 LTD and when i got it it was clearly a foot too short haha. it didn't even clear the frame. the guys at dearborn and store on ebay both gave the same answer, that they should fit, but it didnt work out that way. maybe it was a misorder or maybe its just not true.. either way I mailed it back and got my payment back and I'm shopping again. better luck this time I guess.. Thank you Mr Blue!

6,215

You are welcome. Sorry your swaybar didn't fit. You probably got the wrong part shipped or whomever you ordered it from. their catalog is wrong. The frame on both the LTD and the Galaxie IS THE SAME. LTD was just a trim option in 1966 not a different car. .A very big car. 210 inches long on a 119-inch wheelbase, 79 inches wide.