car wont start

Asked by Feb 02, 2016 at 03:57 PM about the 1965 Ford Galaxie

my dad has a ford galixie 500 with the 352 clevland, just put a new statarter and silonode on it but it keeps making a clicking sound

380

Sounds like you need to charge the battery, make sure battery cables and connections all good, no voltage drops. Has this vehicle been driven for a while? If it has been sitting for years, there are a lot of things you need to check. The engine isn't seized? The starter solenoid is mounted on the fender lining under the hood, a large cable on each side?

380

I just wanted to add, I doubt I can find accurate wiring diagram on this model year?

Here is the wiring diagrams for the 1965 ford galaxie

Here is the wiring diagrams for the 1965 ford galaxie, Page 2