car wont start

Asked by Feb 02, 2016 at 03:57 PM about the 1965 Ford Galaxie

my dad has a ford galixie 500 with the 352 clevland, just put a new statarter and silonode on it but it keeps making a clicking sound

9,380

Sounds like you need to charge the battery, make sure battery cables and connections all good, no voltage drops. Has this vehicle been driven for a while? If it has been sitting for years, there are a lot of things you need to check. The engine isn't seized? The starter solenoid is mounted on the fender lining under the hood, a large cable on each side?

9,380

I just wanted to add, I doubt I can find accurate wiring diagram on this model year?

20

Here is the wiring diagrams for the 1965 ford galaxie

20

Here is the wiring diagrams for the 1965 ford galaxie, Page 2