New cam and flat tappet lifters onmy 64 galaxie 500. 390 fe. Runs.not timed yet.what did I miss. My oil gauge says my psi is ok. But oil dummy light on....where do I look for pressure sending unit..

10

Asked by Dec 07, 2015 at 07:13 PM about the 1964 Ford Galaxie

My gauge was put in by someone else.
Vaccuum line from top nipple of oil filter.
Worked good before and gauge read
40+upon 1st startup. Light scared me so I
shut it down.

85,595

I am not 100% sure but I think you are tapped into the spot where it goes. Maybe the light is on because there is no sender?

113,495

On the 64 that is where the sending unit (Dummy Light) would have been installed on top of the oil gauge. The pressure gauge will work there as well. So you have a light on and cant find where switch is, im sure its somewhere on the side of the block on the lower half of the engine. It has to be attached to engine in order to sense pressure it gas one wire attached to it...

Best Answer Mark helpful
10

Ok. One wire on a sending unit. Sounds right....any pic or anything available for apparently blend ass to look at to make this illusive piece real?. Thx

10

Blind* ass.lol

113,495

This is what it should look like

10

Thx. I'll look