gtc or not gtc

Asked by Mar 11, 2011 at 04:29 AM about the 2006 Opel Astra

Hello all,

I have just confirmed the purchase of an Astra 2.0 turbo 2006 model with only 12,500 kms on it. Almost new. I am wondering what the difference is with the GTC model (this one does not have the GTC tag at the back), and how can I be sure it is 200bhp as I am told?

Any thoughts/advice are welcome!
Thanks

5

GTC is when the car has 3 doors, and when with 5 - hatchback :)

5

GTC has a 3 doors, lowered roof, sport-like look, bigger alu rims and to check the engines power, take a dyno run

Thank you Hari and Igor for your answers. I had figured out the GTC thing after researching more. I thought at first that GTC was a sportier connotation but it turned out to mean Grand Touring Coupe for 3 doors effectively as you had both said. The sportier version is OPC for Opel Performance Centre, and that one delivers 240bhp instead of the 200bhp of the 2.0 turbo. However, I am not sure about the bigger alu rims, mine has 17-inch rims despite being a 5-door hatch, and the LER engine which sports 200bhp. It has the same engine as the 2.0 turbo GTC. Thanks again to all!