power steering not working - My wifes 2003 Opel Astra 1.6 CDE power steering stoped working.

Asked by Nov 11, 2015 at 05:02 AM about the 2003 Opel Astra

Power steering not working. Very hard to turn

Have you checked the fluid level, if that's ok then it would seem the power steering pump is dffective and needs to be replaced.

If power steering has stopped working, I would suspect a failed power steering pump. First check your power steering fluid level. Is it on the stick? If no, refill the reservoir until level is visible on the stick. Check for visible leaks. If you still have no power steering after filling the reservoir, I would say your pump is shot.