Sluggish car

10

Asked by Oct 06, 2015 at 06:43 AM about the 2003 Opel Astra

Hi guys my car is sluggish on acceleration and with 5people in the car acceleration is dead ( takes forever and no ambition to pull)
148000 km
2003 1.8 astra g irmscher model (hatch)
Z18xe engine model
I have done the following
New battery. Had the fuel system cleaned out(Inc Injectors and pump). Full service.compression test (12.6 bar across all 4 cylinders)
Diagnostic check - no errors
Stock 16" rims (so no ridiculous rotational forces)
Free flow stainless steel system.
Stock air intake system.
52L tank and Get 600km in town driving and 800 and more on highways. Average all round together at 7.3L/100km
Cat converter seems fine as no funny smells.
Idles perfect and stable.
Never missed a service.no oil leaks and no strange noises like knocking.starts easy hot or cold l
A friend had a code sedan version with the same motor in a sedan and that car what's nuts in aspect if performance with no other mods other then free flow.
I can't seem to off hand get any more ideas where or why I don't have the torque
Can anyone maybe help out on this. Provided as much detail I can think of. I'm a car guy and a fee if my mates but we can't figure this one out.
Thanks in advance for the help.

89,605

If the average person weight about 200lbs then you are overloading the car if you have 5 people in it. Unladen Weight 2612.5 lbs OR 1185 kg Gross Weight Limit 3538.4 lbs OR 1605 kg....

10

Yes fair enough. But even unloaded just me in my car is sluggish as apposed to another car with the same motor having power(only freeflow same as mine)were as mine feels like a lazy old car with no pull or to put it blunt there is no push back into my seat that you should feel from a car pulling off in a hurry

89,605

A clogged catalytic converter could cause loss of power...

10

Thank-you for answering. The exhaust place advised that there would be poor economy and a bad odor from the exhaust and ruled out the cat been the issue. Have seen a few searches confirming this fact. If possible what all ideas other then mentioned above can I have a look at