The radio will no longer accept the code. The radio worked before the battery was disconnected. Is there a way to over ride the security system to get it to work. My 80 year mother owns the car and loves it but doesn't have the money for repairs.

10

Asked by Mar 18, 2007 at 02:52 PM about the 1992 Acura Vigor

30,895

Sounds like when the battery was disconnected it reset the security lock-out on the radio. There has to be some kind of reset code. If you didn't buy the car new then check the owners manual. Usually the codes are written in the manaul. If not I would call an Acura dealership to see if they can help. It would only take a second to ask and wouldn't cost any money. Best of luck.

10

She has the codes and entered them in. In fact several people have tried. I'm thinking that the button switches are bad as she very seldom changes stations on the radio. I received an email from another forum and apparently the security system cannot be disconnected. They said it sounded like bad switches too. Thanks anyway.

25

if it you try more than three times wrong then you can undo the battery leads and try again if you want

95

i had the same problem with my 94 acura integra with the radio, if it is stock radio(sounds like it is), i just called the dealer showed them i owned the car and they reset it in about 45 seconds, worked ever since