My acura legend stopped working mid drive, jerked and stopped accelerating

Asked by Mar 12, 2012 at 04:47 PM about the 1993 Acura Legend

It makes a loud screeching noise when ever I try to change it from park or put my foot on the gas. My car also can be pushed while in park. Please tell me how to fix and much it will run thank you

Well it could be either fuel supply or electrical issue. Usually people have bad spark plugs ot timing belt. So first check the spark plugs, ignition cables then coil and roter. Then check timing belt. Then fuel filter and fuel pump. ***BUT*** when when u wrote that ur car can be pushed when in parked. It must be the gearbox!!! It can be cause by not properly switching gears. And that will be quite expensive.

That is definitely not a fuel or electrical issue, I'd almost put money on it being none of the above, except possibly the transmission. It sounds like the axle shaft broke, could also be the differential, extension shaft, or transmission. Most likely the axle shaft though, they are about $70 for a rebuilt one at about any auto parts store. Look on YouTube for videos of people replacing front wheel drive C/V axle shafts for a how to, it's a pretty simple job and can be done by anyone with basic mechanical understanding.