Why does my 95' Acura Legend Le keep overheating?

10

Asked by Jul 18, 2015 at 03:03 AM about the 1995 Acura Legend

I have a 95' Legend Acura Le. My
problem is it keeps overheating. I
replaced all the water and put the right
anti freeze into it. I think its the
radiator hose or thermostat but i
wanna here opinions and open to
anyone. I drive it as my daily, but ever
since it over heated once(i never
noticed the gauge till it started
smoking under the hood) it has never
been the same. I drive maybe 20
minutes and it gets hot. Actually gets
hot quicker than usual. Please I need
help

310

If it's smoking under the hood you have what we call a cold leak.. First check your heater core lines for coolant.. Second check your radiator hoses.. third check your radiator for leaks.. also look around your thermostat housing.. Last hate to say it look around the base of the cylinder head below the intakes and exhaust manifolds. May be a head gasket.. but highly doubtful.. hope this helps let me know..... ;)

310

Oh and do not drive this car until it's fixed.. you will regret it.. overheating is very bad.. and will be costly.

10

I dont use my heater/Ac and nothing leaks to the ground. One hose is soft could that be it?

310

Your heater core will always have coolant running through it.. or at least it better lol.. soft hose doubt it.. your looking for signs of leaking.. earlier you said you had steam under the hood.. so it must be leaking somewhere.. make sure it's topped up.. and fire the car up run it till it gets hot.. temp Guage should read about half way when you reach running temp also your fans will kick or at least one will. Also look around the accessory belts at the base of the engine around the oil pan. If it's leaking there your water pump is shot.

Sometimes older cars (even Japanese ones) can blow boners! Get rid of it ASAP!! UGH! Trade this POS car in, Bubba!! Time for a brand new start!! Room-A-Zoom-Zoom, baby!! July 4th Sales are Sizzlin' HOT and you could be stylin' & profilin' in a new ride with fries on the side!!

2,905

water pump, head-gasket blown due to overheating

Best Answer
10

The steam came from the resevoir connected to my silver cap. I ran out of antifreeze and it was dry so the silver cap (where i put my antifreeze) startes to build up pressure and my resevoir started steaming due to nothing being inside. I refilled everything but yet still tends to get really hot.. thanks for your input. Very, very much appreciated

10

Is it one or could it be both the head gasket and the water pump?

310

You need a radiator my friend.. on the side of most rads now a days there plastic. It's cracked somewhere. And no u can't repair it.. get a rad. I'll walk you through an install

10

So its the radiator possibly?

310

Oh.. i thought you were saying you just saw steam now after filling it.. if your water pump was gone then your timing belt would more than likely fly off. And you'd see coolant where I told u.. does it blow white smoke under acceleration? Is your upper radiator hose swelling when it heats up?

10

Ok thanks everyone. I appreciate it

310

There's only a few ways to lose coolant. It's a sealed system. So either an external leak that your not seeing ie. . Heater core... or internal so cracked cool an jacket in the block or head. Or gaskets. Ie.. intake gasket. Throttle body gasket.. or head gasket.. check your oil.. is it black ? Brown? Or creamy like chocolate milk colored? Also is it over full? This will tell you all you need to know.. And unless you see a leak in and around your timing belt cover your water pump is fine. Otherwise it'd seize up and burn the timing belt off. And you'd blow that little rice burner up lol.. trust me I fix a lot of shit.. a looooootttt

310

Oh and if your upper rad hose swells it was your thermostat not opening that overheated your engine and blew the gasket.

Glad we could help!!! Coo Coo Cachoo Baby!!! Remember, you just gotta let go of the old car sometimes...I know it's hard, but sometimes ya gotta rock it out with a new ride!! Peace out!!!

10

My dad said he had an engine swap and says its a brand new engine. After 1 year its mine now. Im.hoping its not blown. Caus its a great car. Thanks all. I might try to fix the little stuff first and hopefully i dont

10

My dad said he had an engine swap and says its a brand new engine. After 1 year its mine now. Im.hoping its not blown. Cause its a great car. Thanks all. I might try to fix the little stuff first and hopefully its a small fiz rather than it being blown