1966 corvair monza stalls at light after driving more than about 15 miles

Asked by Oct 03, 2019 at 09:03 AM about the 1966 Chevrolet Corvair

I cannot seem to get the idle down to  what it is supposed to be when it is setting in the garage and running for 15 - 20 minutes.  When I drive the car to work after about 15 miles or so it will stall at the traffic light.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

76,815

The Corvair Monza is one of the best cars ever made in the US, and one of the simplest. Stalling & idle problems usually point to a carburetor or vacuum problem. I don't think you're having a problem with the radiator..... Well, I thought that was funny.