I have taken the old castor bushes out but I now find I can not fit the arms and the new bushes back! There doesn't seem to be enough room..

Asked by Sep 12, 2007 at 04:12 AM about the 1979 Alfa Romeo GTV

The castor arm bush on the drivers side of my car was falling apart. I am restoring a GTV 1979. I can't get the arm with the new bushes back into place. There just isn't enough space!! I'm goin crazy!!

40,265

Are you sure the new arms are correct, and also that the bushings are correct? Are they seated to the proper depth?

Hi littlehorn, the arms are existing and the bushings are correct.The arm is the top drivers side and even with the adjusting nut and threaded spacer wound completely back there is as least 3cm of thread to connect. I have tried pushing the arm and assembly back and did get it in but it will not straighten to rethread properly and hence have stripped one....I will have another crack at it today. Thanks for your answer it is much appreciated. Cheers.