Headlight problems

Asked by Sep 01, 2010 at 01:18 AM about the 1991 Chevrolet Sprint

Has anyone had a problem with the headlights not working when the switch is pressed? Everything works perfect except when you try to turn on the headlights they shut off and you also cannot turn on highbeams. Is there a relay or something I need to replace?

Thanks.

155

I had weak headlights, what I did may fix your problem (seems to be a fried switch). Install 2relays in each headlight, so you can maximum light without frying the wiring and switch. http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?t=25139&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

replace headlight switch.