What have I done? Is it Distributor, EFI, or just me?

Asked by Aug 27, 2015 at 06:21 AM about the 1987 Chevrolet Sprint

Where do I start? I had to replace my distributor, the weights had ripped a elongated hole almost completely severing the casing in half. It took a few weeks to find one for Turbo. However, once it was installed, I had no spark; changed out the condenser. Ran great for a month or so, now, it stalls. It starts w/o hesitation, once I step on the accelerator… it dies. I replaced the throttle positioning sensor, no change. It runs like a champ if I coast down hill, get in second gear, it doesn’t miss a beat at higher RPM, just don‘t make me stop. RPM is consistent, no fluctuation. I just don’t get it.

Yes... I got into a bit of a scuff on I-5. All better with parts cars.