diesel TLC

Asked by Mar 02, 2008 at 03:31 PM about the 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser

I'm interested in finding a TLC diesel.....Not so interested in luxury as I am in good basic transportation with good fuel mileage.

Where do I find such a vehicle at a reasonable price.

Garysch52

6,915

depends on where you live... Try e-bay and ask around at your local car dealers, they might know where one is or might be able to give you a lead on one. Autotrader.com is another site you can try. You might also might want to try and get a hold of a Toyota Land Cruiser fan forum or chat room. Although these trucks are 20+ years old, they are popular as seeing they are very nice trucks. Best of luck

43,565

Agreed, with the age of these vehicles, you will have to hunt more, as most of these have gone to auction, scrapyards, etc. Most likely they are not going to show up on dealer lots so you will have to do your own legwork.

25

Try looking up the Canadian Auto Trader there are plenty there as well as Europe Auto trader and Auatrialian Auto Trader. Or, you can buy an American L/C with a good body and interior dump the engine and trans and in place of it a 6.9 Tubo Diesel with a TH350 auto mactic or five speed tras. Check TLC.com and they have other links that can give you more information.

35

Both my tlcs are diesel. Series 75 w a 1kztd 135 hp turbo diesel and a diesel fj 40. There are also diesel series 80s. they are utterly reliable.

1,905

Where do you live?