How do I identify the model (trim) of my Granada?

Asked by Nov 18, 2010 at 07:07 PM about the 1978 Ford Granada

My wife inherited a 1978, 4-door (sedan) Granada from her mother.  The identifying label on the door jamb has been removed.  I'd like to know what model she inherited.  The car is a hard top and has a 6 cyl engine.  The molding has vinyl inserts in it that match the hardtop vinyl.  I'm quite sure it isn't the "base" model.  I will appreciate your assistance.  BTW, would the VIN help (can't find it at the moment and car is in the paint shop)?

all you have is a 78 Granada,they came in a 2 & 4 door modle,some were 6 cyl some had a 302,as for the inserts all vinyl tops had the same color inserts also,sorry you dont have anything special,if you wrer to sell it ,it would bring $600.00 to $800.00.

10

send me your vin and photos .. I have restored and drag raced granadas for about 20 years.. we call mine the snooty mustang owner killer and fyi 4 door granada are currently selling for about 3000 non restored in fair shape