Any way to swap a performance ford focus 2.0L motor into a 1973 opel manta?

Asked by Mar 14, 2013 at 01:38 PM about the 1973 Opel Manta

Ive heard of many engine swap into the manta so what would I be getting myself into trying to perform this swap... Focus make a pretty good 2.0L engine or escort 1.9L.. What would be the major troubles?

90,095

The 73 Manta had a 105 HP motor. You'll need custom motor mounts and transmission mounts. You need to find a home for the computer and install a check engine light. You'll need a fuel pump in the tank to supply pressurized fuel to the rail and possible a return line. -- I think some Cobalt's with the Ecotec (145HP) use a non return fuel system. ---- Any time your add horses to the Manta, you'll have to replace the bolts on the rear end torque tube at the differential. My 115 hp street car would stretch them during the summer, the Pro-Rallye car got them changed after every event.

Best Answer