2003 Acura TL won't start even when I try to jump it. No clicking noise when the ignition is turned either.

80

Asked by Feb 06, 2014 at 09:25 PM about the 2003 Acura TL

okay....the main ground connection is compromised or corroded....there is a black 1/0 battery cable that goes to the frame/ground....wirebrush this connection clean...also the1/0 cable to the motor block (near the alternator) for restored ground potential~

the red cable goin' to the starter solenoid may also be flawed...not letting enough amps through as well...check to see all heavy duty connections are able to pull the amperage needed~

80

The battery is only 6 months old, interstate, there is no corrosion on any of the terminals

80

I do have a charger on it currently in that we are in sub zero temps but it started fine 2 days ago

it's NOT the terminals...it's the connections to the ground and too the starter solenoid~

good for you....no other assistance is required of us then~

hey we are both zero....can help that~!

I love Magnavox...the family TV and record player and FM/AM in the most stylish of cabinets~...while I was growin' up~

80

Talk to me - is my starter gone?

well with an ohm meter...measure the connection...the other side of the solenoid to ground...it should be close to zero...not infinity ohms~...we can remove and "bench test" it....NAPA does that for free~

ok...no clicking sound...like I'm sayin'....bad ground...the starter solenoid cannot juice it's own windings....establish ground to it...with a set of jumpercables you can attach a cable to the outside of the solenoid and to the battery to affirm my suspicions~

it will then start...because it's got bad ground~...we can fix that with a wirebrush~

in other words...you get a brand new starter and the same condition will happen again...not enough juice for the goose~...got me?

bad starter or starter solenoid think its built on the starter on yours either way starter.. take the starter off and have it checked..

if you need a new battery interstate battery's suck here in the cold try a diehard haven't let me down and its been cold this year...lol hope this helps

10

Hello I'm having the same problem. Where can I find out where all these wires are that breezeway is saying may be the problem

20

After you connect the batteries with the cables positive to positive, neg to neg, etc. to the boosting battery... Now go to the driver door and with the key, lock the door , then unlock the door... then using the remote - lock the door , then unlock the door. Now get in the vehicle and start it up. Must follow that sequence or the MDX will not start. Cheers

40

My car won't start the lights come on the door bell ding but it just won't start. Can u help please.

My problem sounds similar. The car wouldn't turn over. Charged battery still wouldn't. I cleaned the ground terminal and the positive terminal and the car started. Then it would take turning the key a few times to get it to start. Now it is dead at a supet market parking lot and my wife is mad!.I cleaned the ground connections at frame and engine. I disconnected the solenoid plug and sprayed with contact cleaner. Still no action.My next move will be to test voltage at the starter. I made up a clip wire thinking I could attach to solenoid and then touch positive battery post to see if it engaged. There are two prongs, top and bottom. Which should I attach to?

10

2003 Acura TL Type S and I am having an similar problem. When I turn the key nothing, no lights, no sound, no nothing. There was the 1 turn of the key and the time flicked on then off in a split second then nothing for about 15mins of trying. A bit later I went back out to try it again and it started I quickly drove to Auto Zone where they tested the battery and said the battery was good not sure what the issue is. Please help