grand am Gt 1988 does not work

Asked by Sep 10, 2011 at 09:16 PM about the 1988 Pontiac Grand Am

I have been driving my car with no problems but then Ive started having problems to start my car. One day it just would not start so I changed the starter and they tested that the starter was really bad after putting the rebuild starter the car still didnt work so since my battery was really old I replace it with new one but it still does not work at all. When I try to start all the lights come on just as usual but there is no sound at all while I try to start it. I also tried to jump start but does not work. What can be the problem?

145

There is a wire that goes to the computer near the batt. It's a single wire with a connection ..follow that wire ,see if there are any cuts or anything wrong with it .Check all your grounds ,fuses relays..listen to see if you fuel pump kicks on ...just to see if that is even working .Make sure all the wires to the starter are correct .