Just bought a new thermostat for my gmc Sierra with a 350 in it and it has started making a ticking noise now after replacing thermostat and can't figure out why?

Asked by Sep 13, 2014 at 08:47 PM about the 1993 GMC Sierra

During the work did you disturb the fan shroud or anything of the sort to cause the fan to tap the shroud? Even leaning on it to work on truck will do that. Also would be coincidence but simply check your motor oil

Did ticking sound start as soon as you soon as you started the engine or after it warmed up?

New thermostat= it got hot. Right? HOW hot for how long?

After it was warmed up. It made the sound when I shut my truck off. And I haven't drove but maybe 20 miles in the last couple days since it's had the new thermostat. My temperature gauge won't read anymore either.

You probably pulled the wire off the temperature sending unit. It's right next to thermostat housing

Best Answer Mark helpful

This is 5.7 ..350 I drew an arrow to temp sending unit .click on image

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thank you very much that's exactly what the issue was!

What if mine started ticking as soon as i turned it on