i have put a new battery,distributor,ignition coil,and i had the alternator checked,and it still wont start,its cranking but not turning over so i put a new fuel filter and it wont start help:(

75

Asked by Oct 17, 2011 at 09:17 PM about the 1990 Chevrolet Suburban

655

Cars dont run because it suffers from one of three issuses the first two are extremely impotrant and the last is easy to check. 1. Fuel must be present, I dont mean in the tank. the fuel must be in good condtion and supplied via pump the the carb or injectors. 2. Spark must be present. Use lisle tool number 19380 on each wire while cranking to ensure spark. " http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/LIS0/19380.oap?ck=Search_N0221_-1_-1&t&pt=N0221&ppt=C0371 " 3. intake and exhaust valves must open and be clear and free of debris. it is easy to over look so double check there are no rags in your intake or exhaust manifolds and your exhaust pipe is free and clear. 1. Fuel is easy to check. All Multiport fuel injection engines have a pressure release valve that looks like a tire valve, located on the supply rail. Turn the key to the on position for 5-10 seconds. You will hear the fuel pump turn on... and off. now press the valve on the rail. Fulel should spurt out with quite a bit of pressure. if only a dribble is present change fuel pump, filter and check existing supply lines for damage. 2. Spark is easy to check. use the Lisle 19380 tool described above or equalivenent and while cranking the engine align the tool to each wire and notice the tool light up indicating the detection of highenergy currnet in the wire or...aka a spark. If no spark is present test coil and modules at a local parts supply store. if still no spark the problem need professional consultation. 3.Check for air in and exhauast out restrictions. Look at the intake air ports for free flowing air. Mice are cute but can be a major reason why your feild car may not run. secondly remember the ol' bannanna in the tail pipe gag. No joke this can accually stall an engine or prevent it from starting. if you have a pluged catylitic converter or an obstruction in your exhaust see a professional. exahust is easy work but easier with the right tools. Good luck with your truck need more specific advise Look2wice on FB

try changing out the little box" forgot what its called" right off the the battery on the wall of the vehicle. it passes the current from the battery to the alternator and then on to the starter. If its a ford this is most likel;y youe problem. had three fords myself and this always seems to go out

75

Thank you so much,it was my fuel pump,I have a 1990 chevy suburban 2wd 5.7 liter engine and after all the work I put into it,all along its been the fuel pump:)