I turn on my heat and it feels like I am in a sauna, windows become fogged and I find coolant leak at the floor on the right side. Is it the water pump /heater core? What? I love this van!

Asked by Feb 13, 2007 at 12:48 PM about the 1990 Chevrolet Lumina

I turn on my heat and it feels like I am in a sauna, windows become fogged and I find coolant leak at the floor on the right side.
Is it the water pump /heater core?
The temp gage on this vehicle has never worked, so I have not driven it since, b/c it is toxic and second don't want to damage the engine
What?  I love this van!

18,365

Hello, This could also be a problem with your thermostat. I would recommend bringing to a mechanic to diagnose so you don't spend a lot of money fixing the wrong problem. I hope it works out! Best of luck! CarGrrl

65

if theres coolant leaking on the inside of the car, 9 out of 10 says its a heater core.. a huge pain to switch out so find yourself a trusted mechanic and tell them to have at it

heater core is gone.raidor repair shop is your best fix.