where is the alternator located on the g20 chevy 1990 conv. van?

20

Asked by Nov 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM about the 1990 Chevrolet Chevy Van

alternator.  where is it located on this van>?  Is it possible for me to change it?

263,995

http://www.justanswer.com/ford/10e29-1992-g20-needs-teh-alternator-replaced.html

20

all I want to know is it obtainable from the top of the engine, or is it below the engine is there a picture somewhere ?

263,995

Sorry, I can't find any pictures nor am I familar with the G20 van. Maybe someone else can help further.

There isn't any for the Ford 150 Econoline either. But if yours is similar to mine it would be visible between the battery and the main part of the air filter. So far I have removed the extension to the air filter and can see 2 bolts. Checking if mine has more then the 2 bolts or if there are any hidden ones hiding.

10

The alternator is located on the top left as you look at the engine on the 5.7 engine. Very easy to change, two bolts hold it on a and a serpentine belt so no need to adjust belt tension like on old alternators.