grinding noise between 30 and 40 mph only??????

Asked by Jul 29, 2015 at 10:11 AM about the 2001 Vauxhall Vectra

hi there i own a silver vauxhall vectra 1.8 and iv had the vehicle for about 4 months, it starts fine and drives great but i get a sort of grinding noise when i go between 30 and 40 mph and it also makes my brakes feel stiff like im grinding metal. below 30 mph its fine no issues and above 40 mph its fine no issues nothing breaks are fine took them off and inspected them no wear or tear onthem and if im travelling between 30+40 for like 2 mins the ABS light comes on dashboard and i no longer hear the grinding or have issues with my breaks.. can anyone help me plz i know nothing about cars. i am contactable on e mail at lbeevers40@googlemail.com for any suggestions

16,790

Is the noise coming from the front or rear brakes ?

Feels like its coming from the front passenger side but iv taken all wheels and brakes off and had them checked and they seem fine no cracks or tares. I dont know if its the reticular disc that sits behind the abs hub you know that 29 cerated disc? Thanks for your response.

16,790

Sounds like the hub bearing is bad.

Is it an easy fix?

16,790

If have some mechanical experience yes if not I would leave it to a professional.

Thanks pal appreciate your help :)