I have a vauxhall vectra 2litre diesel estate

Asked by Oct 23, 2014 at 08:33 AM about the 2001 Vauxhall Vectra

I have a vauxhall vectra 2litre diesel estate idles ok but asoon as try acellerating even in neutral it splutters and cuts out been told it may be fuel pump but if it was that wouldn't it cut out in idle too please can someone help as apparently if it is fuel pump its expensive

A bad fuel pump will pump low pressure,enough to run it at idle,it has to have high pressure to run diesel,have the fuel pressure checked,this will confirm if fuel pump is bad.