My Vauxhall Vectra Club Estate injection hesitates or misses when cruising at low revs

Asked by Jul 19, 2014 at 12:19 PM about the 2000 Vauxhall Vectra

My Vectra Estate is 1.8 petrol injection and W reg. It starts 1st time every time, idles beutifully, accelarates well and runs ok at high speeds. If I cruise at low revs however, say 1500 to 2000 with just enough touch on the pedal to maintain speed the the car is very lumpy or perhaps misfires. The moment you either accelerate or take your foot of the accelarator pedal the problem goes away. I've changed the fuel filter and run injector cleaner fluid through but no change. Any ideas?

All answers (from additional frams) pointed to: Air intake 'carb' and cleaning, fuel filter, and the coil pack. A friend however, suggested disconnecting the air intake sensor from the tube between the air filter and air intake 'carb' and see if thais made any difference. IT DID! cured the problem immidiately and the car now runs beutifully. No problems at all other than the engine management light is now on to show that the sensor is not connected. Will replace when I can find a replkace ment that is cheaper than the value of the car!