Got an 05 saloon (sedan), with the 136bhp 2 litre urbo-diesel engine. Anyone know anything about chipping this unit?

5

Asked by Nov 02, 2009 at 12:28 PM about the 2005 Peugeot 407

35

Dont it will blow the turbo! If you want more power trade it in for a BMW 330 d

I have the same and have just chipped it. A plug in chip has nothing to do with the turbo and will not effect the turbo in any way. The chip is a box that plugs in to the fuel pressure sensor and working with the engine management system boosts the fuel pressure inlet to the engine. Modern diesels are tuned back so that we don't all speed around like Sterling Moss. Plug one of these in and you can and die young in the process. I am now returning an extra 3 mpg and when I give is a kick she flys. The power increase is very noticeable and not even set on high. I'm in the process of buying the 407 coupe 2.7L v6 oil burner, 205 Hp 330Lb/Ft and that's before chipping when I chip is it will be 255Hp 420LbFt should be fun...

5

oui je suis proprietaire d'une 407 2l 136cv Filter At Particule FAP CE N'EST PAS UN TURBO DIESEL MAIS UN MOTEUR HDI SANS TURBO QUI FONCTIONNE TRES BIEN POUR LES AUTOROUTES FRANCAISES DONC SUR ROUTE AMERICAINES CA DOIT ETRE UN BIJOU . JE L'AI MONTEE A 225 KM/H SUR AUTOROUTE ET AUCUN PROBLEME SAUF PAR LA POLICE MAIS SINON MECANIQUE TRES FIABLE ET MOTEUR SOLIDE PEUGEOT LE MONTE SUR SES 607 QUI PESENT 200KG EN PLUS ELLES N'ETAIENT PAS FIABLE ANNEES 2004 2005 ET 2003 DEBUT DU HDI