van shuts off while driving like it shuts offf could it be pcm

Asked by Jan 01, 2007 at 04:31 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Lumina Minivan

16,565

I just had a similar problem with a Volvo. Unfortunately, for older cars, any number of things could cause a stall. Mine ended up being a stuck thermostat, the last thing for which I would have checked! (I thought it was the CAM sensor). So, yes, it could be the pcm, but a trip to the mechanic is your best bet for this one. I tried to fix mine myself, and it ended up costing me much more money =( Best of luck! CarGrrl

180

if you can DIY to remove and check the ignition module and bring it autovalue for test will save you time and money...it easy ...your ignition module is toasted!!!!that's why it stall or total shut off when engine is warm....

what can cause my 1992 chevrolet mini van to shute off at times while i'am or when i started it up/ i had a brand new battery and a new starter put on what can be the problem now with it's.