Engine

Angelica Duran
0

Asked by Nov 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Lumina

So one day I was driving home and my car just stopped in the middle of the street and to find that all
my transmission fluid came out. I only had this 91 lumina for about 4 weeks and i am not a crazy
driver it was running good up until the 4th week of having it. I had a friend check the car out and the
reason my transmission fluid came out was because a tube was not connected. So he fixed that then
i get my car back and the engine service light turns on then the car dies on me in the middle of the
street again!!! This is my first car and i have absolutely no clue what i should do??? HELP PLEASE!!!

30,145

The check engine light came on before or after the car died? If it came on after the car died its because the engine was not running.If the light came on before the car died then there will be a code stored in the computer. Start by trying to pull the codes. Here is a link explaining how to pull codes on your vehicle. http://sethirdgen.org/ dtc.htm This is for a fire bird or camaro but it is the exact same way for your car. The ONLY difference is code 12 means you are getting no pulse from the crank position sensor located behind the harmonic balanced pulley because you don't have a distributor. Also, does the car start and run?