fuel system problems

Asked by Nov 23, 2006 at 10:32 AM about the 1991 Chevrolet Corsica

car dies after running a while.after cools down will restart.

7,805

First check your water pump which is the main cooling system. Make sure there is water and that the fan is working with the pump. If its not the pump check the thermostat. In the 1991 Corsica it gets to 195 degrees, but sounds like it is getting hotter than that so make sure that your thermostat is still in good condition and that you have coolant. If you have to replace your thermostat you could get a colder thermostat, but check with your auto repair shop before changing it. If it is not either of those then the energy provided for you car probably runs out and your battery may not be fully charged. Your alternator could be the problem. Here is an article that will be helpful with figuring out if its your alternator: http://www.misterfixit.com/alterntr.htm

175

gp to autozone, borrow one of their obd testers, follow the directions and i bet you will find a bad sensor telling the fuel injection system to shut down due to sensor failure. acmexman

1,025

why do u say fuel systom problems? need more info. if fuel pressure is maintaind when car cuts outfule is not probblem . have you checked for cracks or probblems in your disstributor cap and or coil,coil pack?