What are the mechanics' and I, missing with this water leak problem?

Asked by Mar 19, 2007 at 02:04 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Corsica

The engine is the one that has had the distributer removed (Converted to electronic) and the hole plugged. I have a problem with the water/coolant leaking out somewhere. Heater core replaced-All hoses replaced. Cooling system checked and pressure checked (OK)- no water in the oil - and no water coming out the exhaust. The engine has a bleed screw, and has been bled each time that the engine has been refilled. There are no leaks that can be visually checked with engine running or shut off. I can drive locally (10 to 20 miles) but, at 50 miles or more, or when pulling a trailer, it seems that it will go thru a gallon or more. The mechanics' say that they can find nothing wrong with it.

31,565

I would have said to check every single thing you just mentioned. Not sure what else could be causing the leak. Are you sure the mechanic did a through check of all those parts?