Problem with my airbag light

10

Asked by Aug 18, 2014 at 11:12 AM about the 2004 Vauxhall Astra

I have a problem with my airbag light. It's constantly on but when I press the heated rear
window switch the airbag light goes off. I brought it to an auto-electricians and they can't
understand it because they said there is no link between the two. You should also no that
my heaters are also faulty because they only work on on the 4th setting

142,825

To begin does you dash look like any of these? #1

142,825

2

142,825

3

10

Hi, it's almost like #1 except I don't have the small screen in the most central part of the dash

142,825

Ok Thanks, had to know which one to do the research for your question. But unfortunately, just like the auto-electrician I can find no evidence of the two being tied together in any way. And I assure you it's not from lack of trying. Vauxhall forums, service manuals, Google searches using a dozen keywords and nothing. I learned that the Zafiria is a very similar car and searched on the single forum, that is not very well used or web-site designed for that matter. Long-winded way of saying Sorry I am no help.

10

Ya to be honest I'm not really expecting to get an answer because it's such a strange problem. Thanks for trying anyway I really appreciate it.

142,825

It was a challenge my friend. And it is indeed very odd.