ive got an astra mk5 1.4 and im going to put an induction kit on it(k&n 57i) do they actually give any extra power apart from the noise cheers

25

Asked by May 01, 2012 at 02:51 PM about the 2004 Vauxhall Astra

15

nope some people say they can feel a difference, but i think it's just psychological one thing that may be worth noting is that, while the engine may breath a little easer and sound throatier, due to the KnN filters being oil soaked to aid their filtration properties, this oil coats the AFM sensor which ultimately causes it to fail and stop your engine from working properly... just food for thought ;) you're better off going for a cotton filer that doesn't take oil

6,675

they dont give you any real power...waste of time

75

Stick with the standard panel filter