vectra 04 plate

Asked by Sep 18, 2010 at 07:00 AM about the 2004 Vauxhall Astra

hi guys, when i start my enginew my revs are bouncing up and down and is very close to cutting out, what can i do to fix this problem, cheers

35

Get it checked by a Tech II Diagnostics - had similar issues with my Astra and turned out throttle body needed a clean - good old reliable supermarket fuel

35

I had a similiar problem with my 02 plate Astra Coupe, the problem it turned out to be a crack in the piping area that monitors the emission of your exhaust fumes (little bit hazy now as it happened years ago) however a spot of brazing will fix the problem otherwise a new head will be required from Vauxhall! A good mechanic can do it for a couple hundred. The thing to do is to remove the black cover over the engine and have a good look, and feel to see where the leak is.