The engine management light on my astra 1.7tdi is pretty much permently on, but van is ok. Every now and then it coughs, loses power and dumps a cloud of black smoke. Then power comes back. Help???

25

Asked by Mar 23, 2013 at 05:56 PM about the 2002 Vauxhall Astra

It's done 219,000 miles, Is used everyday and it very reliable. Would highly recommend.

90,085

"Is used everyday and it very reliable" --- well maybe except for that coughing, power loss and black smoke cloud part... Get the codes read and find out all the reasons that are keeping the engine management light on. Write the code down. Come back on here and publish it. We can suggest cost effective repairs to keep your Astra purring.

Best Answer
25

Thank you, will do.