mechanical

Asked by Jul 12, 2009 at 08:43 AM about the 1998 Vauxhall Astra

hi,have a 1.6 astra estate club 1998 and and after changing the leads,plugs, the engine still seems to be a bit juddery.Not so bad first thing just at normal temp.Also when i pull away from stand still it judders like if the clutch is slipping.Any ideas much appreciated.If it is the cluth is that an expensive job for this type of car?

have you tried the map/maf sensors if your ride is lopping it might not be getting enough air unplug one at a time till you source out the issue hope this helps

No not thought of that,will give it a go.are these located near the air filter as it's not something i've had to do on any of my other cars so a bit of a novice.Thanks for your help.

yeah dude thet are located on the air intake tube or neer it it will look like a (sorry for the stupidity) dryer vent flap in side if it isnt opening up enough it will make your car run like a bagged heap

5

if its not the maf sensor (guessing its the 8v engine) it could be something stupid like a vacum pipe sounds stupid i know but can cause it to idle high and run rough sounds like the maf sensor tho to me