where is relay switch for fuel pump on 91 astro van located

10

Asked by Nov 28, 2011 at 12:30 AM about the 1991 Chevrolet Astro

no relay switch for fuel pump,if it is not working,check the ECM fuse to see if blown,if not the FP is bad.

10

Thank you, already had new fuel pump installed, I will check fuse

just rember a new part can be bad,went through 3 FP,s in 1 week in same vehicle before I got a good one at the shop.this stuff comes from china.not dependable.

10

Checked it when it was being put in, it came on 3 different times for about 2 seconds each time but want come on anymore

sorry to say it is gone out on you.dont get one from auto zone or advance,they no good out of the box,go to a independent parts place,you get better parts.sorry for the bad news.I have been throught this problem to many times.

10

Thanks for info, u was very helpful, I got the fuel pump from napa, do u suggest that I get the new one taken back off and put another one in, or is something causing the fuel pump to go out

IF the ECM fuse is not blown(it is what sends power to the FP)then yes,im afraid it will have to be replaced,just a bad pump,and yes take it back,I know of a way to wire it to the keyswitch to keep a bad one running so it wont have to be replaced,but to do that you have to know what you are doing to do this.if you were in my area i would do this to save you money and time without your vehicle.good luck with it.also,it should run longer than 2 seconds,4 is right.