how do you remove the 2 middle seats

Asked by Jan 29, 2008 at 01:15 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Astro

i wanted to remove the 2 middle seats in my van but i dont know where to look i already checked underneath the seat but didnt find anything

6,915

If you look at the base of the seats, on the rear legs you will see "port" holes in the floor. on the back two you will see a black plastic "handle" on each side. You need to pull up on both side at the same time (I find it easier for two people to do this). whenyou have pulled both sides up tilt the seat up and forward. then lift the front legs out. Any chev dealer will give you a demonstration free of charge. If you dont have "port" holes on the floor, your seats were "fixed" and you cannot remove them, well you can but not very easy. best of luck hope this helps.