jerking and gearbox not shifting up

60

Asked by Feb 25, 2015 at 10:57 AM about the 2005 Honda Airwave

honda airwave jerks and refuses to gear up when driving on D.problem less pronounced when using manual tiptronic,but still jerks

Help us (me) out here, never heard of Honda Airwave. Are you in the US and is there another equivalent Honda to look for information on? What engine? Thanks, and I apologize for my ignorance

60

in kenya.honda airwave is a station wagon petrol driven 1500cc.equivalent hhhmmmm some honda fits have the same engine.GJI ENGINE

Ok, thank you. I have been looking at Honda forums, and there is little to no information on the Airwave, and even the Fit when I searched for answers the only feedback I get is get it scanned, an OBDII scan. I don't know how difficult that would be in Kenya, parts availability and such. But if you can buy one, some are as little as $50 US. Then you will have it for future use too.

I went looking more, it sounds like a transmission problem. But Triptronic transmissions are designed and owned by Porsche, and licensed and sole for use in Some VW's Audi, Bugatti and Lamborghini. If they put them in Bugatti and Lamborghini they must be good transmissions. I have been looking to find out how to check the fluid, but they are sealed for life. Honda has a similar transmission, a shiftable automatic but not the quality or expense of a true Triptronic. After all that being said, if you say you have one I believe you, it's your car and you would know

120

just saw your post and i would wanted to shed some light.i own the Airwave in kenya. i would suggest you change the Atf Fluid with the HondaFluid i had the jerking problem and it stopped but i realised it to late i had already killed my gear box. so i have purchased a new gear box,its locally available Baricho road. will be fitting it tomorrow will update.

70

Hi Frank, I have a similar problem with my Honda Airwave. I might have to change the gearbox. Please advise where you had yours done

30

I also have the same problem, how do i know that gearbox is gone and where could i get honda fluids in Meru Kenya.

20

Frank did your car get well?

10

ATF change no helping. I've learned to live with the jerking, almost 2yrs now. I change gears to neutral when it wants to jerk

30

Hi, I am going to buy a Honda Airwave 2005 model. I am in Bangladesh. Please advice me

40

I changed my gear box twice ! But still jerking . And someone said to change the computer box . So i changed and it still happened ! Please give me some advice ! If someone know how to fix it

20

I had the same problems. I'd like to advise checking things belows: 1. Both fans are working (normally when AC is 'ON') 2. Try using different petrol/gas (95RON or 97RON) 3. Reset circuit (Disconnect negative node of the battery for 30 minutes then reconnect) Hope these help.

hey there i have honda airwave, in meru kenya , i have the same problem (gb jerking off) , some advised me on using honda airwave recommended plugs ie 1.3mm NGK/ IRIDIUM .. plz check wht ur using it must be 1.1mm.

The Honda airwave is like small baby.you just drive it at 2 to 2.5 on the acc meter from the start and the problem is off away

Peer auto care.. Especially 2007 airwave have that similar problem I have come across.. Inspection is needed for some of the problem ain't in the gearbox but the engine itself not achieving the amount of torque needed.. 0716 260 402 ruaka Nairobi Kenya

my Airwave 2005 160k km jerks between revs 1.5 and 2.5. ok before and after those. I have changed gearbox 2 times, changed EGR, fuel filter, ignition coils. still not ok. quite frustrating ill try change grommet and PCV valves tomorrow

If you have replaced almost everything in the engine, I believe you will have look at your gearbox whether your mechatronic is in good condition