1992 Lumina Problem, I think its eletrical

Asked by Aug 13, 2011 at 04:19 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Lumina

Hey, i hope someone can help me out here. My lumina just shut down on me about a week ago while i was driving it. I've had acouple of people look at it, still no answer. I got gas, oil, t. fluid, water,my batterys good, the whole nine but my car wont kick over. It sounds like it wants to start tho. There is no spark, and theres a slow leak ( i believe its oil ) that i planned to hve fixed soon, but now theres a bigger issue. I tried changing the sensor since there no spark, but that didn work, and everyone says tht the gas prob aint gettin to the engine (3.1) but i checked that too and it is. HELP!?!

1,325

Could be your Crankshaft Sensor. Change it and your Knock Sensor while you're at it. What sensor did you change? First get your spark. Then look into the fuel delivery if need be. If you have a spark, and fuel, and the engine just cranks and cranks... pop the valve cover off and make sure the valves are moving up and down... if not... you're timing chain is likely broken.