I had a intake gasket replaced in my 1992 chevy caprice now my temp gauge reads hot after ten minutes of driving I changed the temp sensor and thermostat no change

Asked by Feb 22, 2015 at 07:13 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Caprice

I had a oil leak around the intake my mechanic changed it and now my temp gauge reads hot after ten minutes of driving the mechanic said it might be air in the system I changed the temp sensor and thermostat no change

Is the cooling system full? You don't have to bleed the cooling system of these cars. I bought a '93 model (same car) brand new and had it for 19 years. I too had the intake gaskets replaced on mine. Sounds like the crossover passage is blocked due to the gaskets being installed wrong. There's a cooling system passage that runs through the intake manifold. If it's blocked it will overheat. HTH. -Jim

Yes the coolant is full I guess the mechanic has to reopen the intake thank u very helpful I even drained the coolant so I'll pass this on thanks

You're welcome. Glad to help. -Jim