i have a 1992 camaroe with a 3.1 v6

Asked by Jul 05, 2010 at 05:44 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Camaro

when i get into my car and start it up it starts up but sometimes i have to pump the pedal to start it when i take off down the road it pops out of the intake alot and looses power going up hills or simply going down the road when i pump the pedal it takes a while but it gets up to speed im not to sure but it seems to me like a timing chain problem am i right or is it something else??? please help me out here with an awnser... :(

go get ur fuel pump checked out.

i dont know much about v6's but im guessing if it was the chain it woudlnt run at all try turing the distributer counter clockwise thats how it is for a v8

ummm it could be that your cam is junk cuz when the lobes go flat cars tend to pop out of the carb

i would agree get you fuel pump cheked

well obviously not enough fule is getting to the block, so its got to be a fule pump problem. if it was a timing problem, the firing order would cut out and the whole engine would just quit, or if its a slite timeing problem, then you would be able to tell the difference.

no. i gaurentee it is a matter of timing. cause if when u pump the gas ur timing is andvancing which is makin it start. then as u drive around the timing goes in and out. loosen the hold down and whie its running get a guy with a timing light on the balanceer and turn it till it gets on the right hash mark

agreed do what he said, no feul problem will make an engine backfire out of the intake these are a b c's here not rocket science if its popin out the intake it has to be sparking when the intake valve is open

i have a 1991 firebird with the 3.1 i had the same problem it was nothing to do with timeing and deff not a fuel pump u guys need to learn a little more its ur fuel pressure regulator but the shitty part is on the 3.1s u cannot rmove it from the fuel rail and for the new rail and regulator ur lookin at about $300 and if u reserch that motor that is the most comon problem with them

check your spark plugs, I used seafoam in my carborator and it made a big difference. Or your catalytic converter may be stopped up. any way you can upload a video of it, so we can hear it?

I would deffinitely check your Fuel Pump and I don't think it would be the timing chain because as someone else said if that was the case it might not run at all.. Puel Pump and Distributor are my best bets.

I agree with regulator , I have the exact problem. Just bought a regulator today.