Where can I get parts for my 1986 Nova?

Asked by Jan 21, 2011 at 12:38 PM about the 1986 Chevrolet Nova

My '86 needs a lot of work.  It sat for along time and needs parts that the dealers no longer carry.  Does anyone know of online places I could look for parts, or NOS?  Thanks very much.

5

first off where do you live . second there are plenty of places to get parts if you scrounge for them . scrap yards , the years for the fourth generation nova X BODY ARE 1976-1979 . look up a site called steves nova site ( www.stevesnovasite.com ) or hemming motor news

Thanks very much for your reply, Richard. I live in the Chicago area so I have access to a lot junk yards. I also found a couple of online sites, thepartsbin.com and partstrain.com. Are they okay? The sites you suggested sound great. I'll check them out. The mechanics who looked at my car said they can get it running with a new battery, fuel filter and fresh gas, but from there they'd have to see how it runs, then what else might need repairing, and they said it would probably be a lot of things. I'm considering donating it at this point because they said I'm looking at $1500-$2000 in repairs. I hate to junk it. I wish I knew someone who wanted a project car because mine is perfect.

5

parts bin and parts train stay away from . try year one , opg , there is a place in assonet ,mass they have a bunch of stuff call CHEVY SUPPLY OF ASSONET 508-644-2438

yosemiteNova, I live in Western Massachusetts. I have one complete 1987 which needs work, and pretty much an entire 1988 in parts, including engine and 5 speed. The 88 was my daughter's first car, bought at 109K, ran until 204K. Purchased the87 for $200 in 2003, put about 62K on it. I haven't the energy to continue repairing it. If you know of anyone in need of parts, I probably have what you are looking for. kgk@oit.umass.edu

Umm...a 1986 "nova" is NOT really a NOVA! real Nova's ended production in '79. (even those were pretty lame compared to the earlier (up to '72) years. What you have is a toyota corolla with chevy badges on it. try looking for '86 corolla parts and you may have a lot more luck.

1,275

Wasn't the Nova stopped in '78 or '79? You could look around in junkyards which could be cheaper. Or as already mentioned a corolla would help.