I'm looking at buying a 1976 Nova, but the front ends are horrible. Can a late 60s or early 70s front end and grille fit it?

Asked by May 27, 2013 at 09:55 PM about the 1976 Chevrolet Nova

I prefer the 1968, but anything but the 1976
front end will do.

15,335

Go to Summit Racing on line. They sell bolt on front ends to some of the more popular cars. If you find one, call and ask if they bolt on. If you are buying a car you don't like the looks of, why buy it? Any strange modifications will decrease the value, and may in all reality be constant problems and look like sh-t. Junk yards also my have what your looking for, and they may help. Duct tape, big hammer, a good welder, and bondo will also work wonders.

Thanks for the informative yet sarcastic answer. It's not always about how much a car's resale value is to make it a good purchase. If you're worried about the resale then why buy the car in the first place? I want something that is original to myself and not something that everybody has. I saw a 76 Nova for sale that I liked but I like the earlier front ends.

Any Nova Camaro sub frame will bolt in

76,695

You are stuck with 4th generation parts as the style changed in 1975. The earlier Novas are better looking so you should just buy one.

76,695

Pontiac sheet metal from the equivalent Pontiac model should bolt on (Ventura). If losing value does not matter go ahead. Would you rather not be warned that you are ruining the car?