Car is running for a bit and then dies .changed everything I I could on it but still have same thing turns off .74 Chevy nova 350 four barrow.

Asked by Mar 10, 2015 at 08:25 PM about the 1974 Chevrolet Nova

41,815

Turns off while at idle or when you put it in Drive?

10

I have a1995 f-150 5.0. It stit and sputtered one day and stopped running and has not started back up What's wrong will it ?

41,815

There are many components that can fail and cause this issue. It's always best to get a code reader and see what it gives you for codes so you can figure out how to start narrowing it down. I would start by first doing the basics. Get some throttle body cleaner and thoroughly clean your throttle body and IAC valve first. I don't mean just spray some in the intake. Remove the throttle body and IAC and completely tear it down and clean it properly. You can look on Youtube for instructional videos. Sometimes that alone may help or cure the issue. If not, it may at least run. Then I would do your basic tune up. Plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, pcv, clean grounds and battery cables. Also check all vacuum lines for leaks. Now you will have pretty much covered the bases on all of the basic things that can cause you problems. If truck still has the stalling issue, have the codes read and then you can start spending money on the bigger ticket items. It could be anything from a bad Engine Coolant Temp Sensor to a bad MAF. You don't want to just blindly start throwing parts at it.

41,815

The above reply is for Paul. Forgot to mention that.