Does the stock radio just butt up against the dash or go through the opening?

Asked by Aug 12, 2014 at 02:28 PM about the 1972 Chevrolet Nova

Looking to fill the radio opening on my 72 Nova with stock am radio from Ebay.  Have the opening measurements and knob spacing distance.  Radio I am looking at is slightly wider and quite a bit higher than opening.  Seller says it butts up against the dash.  Correct or not?

11,855

I think the radio is behind the dash. There are on line parts businesses that will sell you an exact dimensionally sized radio that you can put right in without any modifications. Just go to 1972 Chevy Nova Parts and search. I personally don't do e-bay, even though a lot of people swear by it. My money is too hard earned by me to gamble on getting something from an unknown person that I can't see beforehand. Me personal opinion only.