What do you think of the 2009 Nissan GT-R?

Asked by CarGurus Nov 13, 2008 at 04:10 PM about the 2009 Nissan GT-R

What is so great about this car? Have you ever driven one?

45

My dream car

15

sex on wheels.

35

The only bad thing about this car here, is the price in PR is $136,000 (+) . I think Im going to move to continental US...($67,000) ;)

wat a car should be!!

This car is everything a car should be, powerful,sexy,great handling and damn gorgeous to look at and i so want 1

5

Rohan Bhatt wrote: sex on wheels. sry but you're wrong.. this is like a million times BETTER!!!!

35

73grand iaint worth it... i work for nissan had a few of them in the shop already... tranny makes noise everything makes noise and its normal..... id rather have porsche

15

Sweet Ride

25

Can't find a better one except the Spec.V or Spec. L.M.

I will never own a car other than a Nissan!

5

F yes

35

Porsche 911 GT2 with NO air con, NO back seat, NO power seats, a roll cage instead of the AWD and A fire extinguisher where the CD player used to be - a mere $450K Nissan GTR WITH back seat, AWD, dual sub woofer, power seats, sat nav, climate control, japanese reliability - a steal at $180K And the GTR is faster! By lots. No one knows how Nissan did it for so little money with so many weighty creature comforts.

I am an M5 driver..... but OMG !! This thing is a BEAST!

35

i've seen em in my area. doesn't look anything special, dual clutch trans has had issues (i had it in a gti, kinda boring, but at least it didnt break down), and porsche has yet to replicate nissans time with a gt-r around the ring. tell me something not up with nissan.

35

Yeah, I've seen it . . . it's so sexy, I'd definatly bang it.

15

SO HOT! I work at a Nissan Dealership and got to stare at one everyday until it was sold. They are selling fast at our dealership. We will hopefully be getting a couple more in at the end of the month. It sounds hot too.

GTRS Rule the streets! (but they aint as fun to drive as my strawberry) porsches arent even close to their standards hey anonymous Y work for nissan if ya cant appreciate beauty

5

This car is HOT!!

The GT-Rs have always been really fast. But, this version's looks just don't cut par with the supercar crowd. Among "normal" sports cars, it looks pretty snappy, but the lines just don't work. It's like the designer just a ruler for the silhouette. But, when looks aren't #1, you can't argue against that power.

Godzilla

5

awesome car piece of perfection engineering the air in the tiers is mad of pure nitrogen cz the normal air is considered for them not stable lol isn't this awesome by the way i drive a peugeot 505 :D

15

R34 is the best looking one. The ULTIMATE car.

25

Let me make one thing clear: this is not a super car. This is merely an unzipped sports car. Yes, it has power. But lets face it, the Japs have never been able to pull off a true sports car. Their designs are much too limited. It's as if they took the chiseled look of an American vehicle, 'minimalized' it, and added an enormous grille, fish gills, and those disgusting slanted headlights. The car looks as if somebody took an miniature Asian bathhouse and added the engine from a nuclear power plant. It just doesn't make a super car. It just makes an Asian muscle car. But the Asians don't have muscle cars, now do they? Nope. So, the Nissan GT-R falls into the sports car category. I don't see myself driving this anytime soon. Nor would I want to. I'd rather take the VW GTI. Why? Well, because it actually does well what it was made to do. While the GT-R fails at being a super car, the GTI successfully accomplishes its job being a compact family hatchback... AND it does it in style.

75

cant go wrong with something that beats a 997 Turbo, and is easy enough to drive daily, and haul your groceries. the R35 is arguably godlike!

the ULTIMATE DREAM MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Technological Marvel... wow

35

The Nissan GT-R, the ONLY one finally on sale in America NOT imported through Motorex IS a "SuperCar". So, you mean to tell me that your little VW GTI will take on a Ferrari, a Porsche, or even a BMW M series (5+) and will BEAT or at LEAST, HOLD them off the line? NOT EVEN. BUT, as Jarvis stated, DOES drive daily, AND hauls your groceries... minimizes the need for having your "toys" and your "daily drives." Just combine both into ONE. Now, back to the supercar issue, the GT-R has BEEN considered a "SuperCar" since it first debut in the 70's. It not only SHREDS EVERYTHING in its class, but even goes OUTSIDE its class. Anyway you look at it, its the BEST 80K you can spend next to a BMW 6 series.

Ok so you think the GTR isnt a super car...... Im afraid you are wrong the GTR will beat almost anything on he raods today except fora few 'exotic' cars, yes you may pefer your volkswagon golf over and yes i apriciate that but and patrick says it will out perfom anything in its clas and almost certainly demolish most cars above its class. But i also agree that the R34 GTR is better than the GTR you have to take your hats off to the japs for coming up with such a creation t which means it dehat can out class almost anything that the germans can throw at it. It may not be a super car but it is definetly a super car slayer which means it does deserve its GTR status

35

AWESOME saw one a the shops this week WOW it is a brutal looking thing !!

20

I saw one while I'm in my dad's car... It was damn fast but quiet surprisingly.

5

own 2

15

reliable, cheap and fast makes the GT-R the best supercar around today.

15

Wow after watching those movies, I am even more in love with this car than I was before. I am a fan of AWD and four door cars that still got beef. And Nissan really did an AMAZING job with this car! That computer system is insane! Basically long story short, I would love to own a car that is nicknamed Godzilla!

15

I agree with Patrick Hunter!! WELL SAID! a GTI is a nice car but definitely cannot keep up with real supercars like Godzilla can!!

the most amazin car ever seen!

5

Forget the GT-R, Ultima GTR is much better.

25

What makes a "supercar"? Well, it's not just top speed around a track. It takes a precious combination of revolutionary workmanship, speed, quality, and soul. Therefore, the GT-R falls short in this aspect. The GT-R looks like an asian fishing boat that's been fitted with the engine from a battle tank... it just doesn't make it super. The interior looks like crap plastic, assembled to look like high-end crap. High-end crap is still crap. The handling is terrible. Believe me, I've tested the GT-R... but ended up buying the Z06. To me, it's just the better package.

5

Well lets see car handles wonderfully its fast and i love the thing. The ZO6 is a piece of shit. The interior or the GT-R is nice but you have to spend the extra money for the carbon fiber. I own an r34 and the difference between the two is amazing. I diff think that for the price this is the best you can get.

35

i have now been in an r32,r33,r34, and this one ,also a gt3 and by far the gtr is better in every way you just need to look at clarkson driving one accross jaapan yes the interior is a bit on the cheap side but when you put it up next too what its compeating against the gt3 ferraris ect on price alone it beats them this is trully worthy of a supper car neck adjusting corrnering love it

Jos lotossa voittaisin ni getarin ostaisin! :P

5

Not that impressed with the body. I still see a G35 face in it. I still prefer the look of an R34 VSpec II GTR

30

Love it. Performance is great. Only looks good in black

Best race car made yet...

5

Its the perfect race car on the road in the world.it gave a better time on nurburgring from 911.so its THE BOMB

that is my dream car i admire this car since 80's

5

OYEEEEE

i have been in love with this car since a very long time ago, i liked the R33 even more when the R34 came out ,but the R35 is the car do die for.... still waiting for the upgraded ones it will be MMMAAADD it breaks 213 miles in less than40s who or what does that??...

15

definitaly the best car to be ever released in america

The last of the GT tweaker cars is now in america I do miss the older designs of the GT-R, but this is good movement Time wil come for the GT-R to mimick the potential from the GT games (700+HP demons)

55

Extraordinary car, cars like this is why GM going bankrupt. I own an r32 model!

55

brian

45

Mmm...VR38 goodness.

55

Splooged in my pants. My R33 GT-R does not compare.

5

ergaleio apo anatolis

Ayhee

95

eh... its ugly and heavy.

5

the guy under me is an idiot it doesnt mater if its heavy its still faster than the lighter shit....and if your that great af a racer just strip the car down you ding dong and its even faster...wow!

i havent personally driven the car and we havent got one at the dealership i work at yet, but based on the reviews and specs iv'e read the car is truely an amazing machine. To me the exterior of the car and just the general shape and stance is very agressive and some what futuristic and from what im told it is very predictable and suprizingly easy to drive and very technogically advanced. the interior to me seems somewhat cheap but all the new nissans seem to be that way but the overall craftsmanship and pride that nissan has towards this car is good. i think this is the best performing car nissan put out "in the states" since the z32 300zx twinturbo which was very advanced for its day back in 1990. im a diehard nissan fan im a nissan tech at a local dealership and drive 2 nissans my self 1990 300zxtwinturbo as well as an 03 350z track and i am very happy nissan decided to release the gtr to the states and to me it seems like a great bang for your buck!!

great car loving it for less than a million rand its the best

Befok

5

best car ever

I'm getting one very soon..looking forward to it!!!

25

Have to get this one !! Jap but Really cool .

5

The Best Car EVER Built. I have one on order, and there are no discounts even though i work for NISSAN Motor Co. $170,000 (AUD). But worth every cent.

The best front engine car ever

5

i just want this car in my garrage

im just sayin' but this should not be classified as a supercar. its an amazing machine that can blow the doors off almost anything but, in the supercar world....c'mon

I sell these, they really are awesome!

5

ok so i live in japan and i just got home from some races. Well i must say that i honestly don't think theirs a better car out there. This car with all the extras you can do to it has the potential to beat anything. There was one there will about 6000 worth of work that was just blowing everything out of the water. It just didn't lose to anything including high end cars. I watched it kill lambos, Ferrari's, Porsche, I just dont think this thing could ever lose. The only chance others have is on a curvy track cause the car handles well but the smaller cars do handle a lot better for the most part.

one word... AMAZING

15

I plan to buy on spring 2009, but now I have to get the 09 one because they discontinued the launch control feature in 2010. Oh well

15

a dream....

i must have this thing i could never be happyier

15

europljanima drhte zubi

5

this car is so nxt

25

This has got to be one of the baddest Nissan car I've seen in a while.. It's appealing to the senses, and to what I'm seeing, it's a good peformer. Personally, I LUV IT!!!

I know that it has a better time on the 'Ring than Porsche, but I will say that Porsche can do a lot better! They refuse to sacrifice the 911 (any model) because of its iconic status with sports car aficionados but really, the engine's in the WRONG place. If they were to put forth the effort in the Cayman layout, it would blow the 911's time away. That is how the GT-R did it too. Instead of the engine being behind the driver, it is in the front/mid position. It is still a mid engined car for balances sake. BTW, mid-engined means it is behind the front axle or in front of the rear axle. I do not want to knock the GT-R too much, but the looks are poor. I have seen one up close and in fine detail and the best part are the wheels. If you want to look good and go fast, get another car, maybe a previous GT-R (R33- 4?). But if you want to just go fast and drive a box doing it, have at it.

Soooo cool!!!

1,005

Yes I have driven the 2009 GT-R, and the 2010, 2011 and 2012 Black Edition. If you drive this car, then you would have your answer.

1,005

Someone here compared a VW GTI to the GT-R, and proclaimed the GT-R not a super car. Okay, an an then if that's the case, a Horse is not an animal, it's a fish.